Wednesday, March 20, 2013

#twitteraddict

I MAY have started using twitter.  This isn't to say I didn't have a twitter before...I just didn't really use it.  But, and I don't know why really, a couple of weeks ago I just started using my twitter like nobody's business.

I like twitter because I feel like it is my avenue to vent my feelings without a filter.  I don't have all that many "followers" and those who do follow me that I actually know don't really check their twitter feed all that often.  This makes me feel like I am able to just vent whatever I am feeling in the moment.

I can't really do that with the big 'ol fb.  There are too many people who would, I don't know, call me and ask why I am so freaked out...or tell my mom...which could be worse...when really I am just being hormonal or angsty and freaking out about something that doesn't deserve a freak out.

I also like twitter because I feel like I can give updates more frequently on the mundane things of my life and not feel like a total #weirdo.  If I am in the middle of a paper or a project, I tweet about it.  It helps me feel motivated in a sense...I get to constantly talk about how much more I have gotten done on whatever it is that I am doing.

However, I seriously HATE retweets. I don't care what your friend said that was funny...I follow you, not your friend.  Or, if you are a celeb, I really don't need to know more about what your fans think of you.  Thank the heavens that I can turn of retweets.

I don't know everything about twitter yet.  But I am definitely enjoying the learning process.

No comments:

Post a Comment