Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Magic of Disney

This is something I have been thinking about since we talked about princesses in class.  I LOVE Disney.  It comes in large part from being raised by my dad, who loves Disney more than any grown man I have ever met.  If one could live in Disneyland, I am sure my dad would be the one to do so.

I grew up on Peter Pan, The Great Mouse Detective, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.  Disney was my life blood for many years.  I never understood (and sometimes still don't) why people didn't want to sit down and just watch a good old classic Disney film instead of the new latest and greatest action flick that had just come out.

I don't know if I could ever tell you what my favorite Disney movie is.  Growing up, I loved The Great Mouse Detective.

I am not going to lie, I had spunk...I was like Olivia.  I knew what I wanted and was determined to be part of all the action involved to get it.

I loved The Goofy Movie...there is something about a good pop song that just makes your day!

And I loved Disney Princesses...but that is a post for another day.

I am grateful for my dad.  For the influence that he had over my media choices as a child to help me to continue to pick quality entertainment to this day.  I am grateful that he instilled in me a love for good things.  I am glad that I love these movies because I feel like they help keep the kid in me alive.  And who doesn't want that?

No comments:

Post a Comment