Saturday, March 9, 2013

Just Give Me a Reason

Guys, I am in love with this song.  I am sure I say that about everything that I post about on this blog, but really, I am posting about Media that is influencing me, and well...I really don't let media that I don't like into my life, so sorry suckers, you have to read about the stuff that I do really like.

I heard this song on the radio the other day and fell in love.  The musicality is phenomenal and the emotion behind it is so powerful!

I don't generally listen to Pink.  Bless her little heart, she likes to use foul language a little too often for my taste. However, when this came on the radio, it really touched me.


I really feel like my whole life is about learning to love again.  Learning to let go of the pains that have been caused in the past (and the pains that I am sure that I have caused others to feel) and just learn to love. To let go and feel something for once, darn it all.  Most of the time, however, I hide.  I shelter my heart and don't let people in.  And then I wonder why I feel so alone and unloved all the time.  It is a vicious cycle that NEEDS to stop.


Anyway, on to the song.

This song is about two people who have a HUGE communication gap in their relationship and are not talking about the things that they are worried that the other person is thinking about them.  It causes a lot of unnecessary stress for these two people who obviously love one another quite a lot.  Neither one wants to let their relationship fall apart and this song is about how they are willing to fix what is wrong.  

I love how she says that "We're not broken, just bent, and we can learn to love again!"

While this is true for love between, well...people in love, I feel like it applies in a broader sense as well.

Guys, none of us are really broken.  We have a Savior who heals all wounds and helps to lift us up and make us whole once more.  But are we willing to let Him in, to fix the places that we feel may be a little bit bent and then open our hearts to love once more?



No comments:

Post a Comment