Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cinderella Jeni James style

Once upon a time (okay, this summer) I justified buying myself a Kindle.  And guys, I love it.

But that is not the point.  The point is, every once in a while I go to the Amazon store on my Kindle and look for books that are free and fun.

Or that have a preview I can read...

And then I read that preview and become addicted to it and well...if the book is cheap I buy it.

That happened this week.  I blame it on the killer cold that I had but well, I had a lot of time that I just wanted to spend laying in bed doing nothing.

And that is what I ended up doing, let's get real folks.

BUT, whilst doing that, I read this book by Jeni James called Cinderella.

I know, I know, you may not like fairy tales, but this is a new twist on an old classic.  The prince is awesome and knows who Cinderella is the whole time, long before there is a ball.  His whole goal is to help Cinderella find her self confidence.

Anyway, there was a whole section that really stood out to me.  Ella is talking to the prince, and he is trying to convince her to stand up to her family.  They are talking about failure...and what the prince says is amazing.

"So?  So you fail.  It is alright.  We all fail.  Every single one of us.  It is part of life, my dear.  You just pick yourself back up and move forward again.  you certainly do not have to be perfect the very first time you attempt something new."

And then he teaches her about her worth...

"...once you see your true worth, once you know exactly who you were meant to be--not what you believe you are--no, think past that to your destiny.  Until you embrace all the world has to offer you, then you will never be free within your own heart.  You will always be trapped within yourself, reminding your soul you are not worth what others have.  Whether you fail or not is not the question here, you will most certainly fail many times.  What you need to ask yourself is whether you are ready to become all you were destined to be."

Guys, it is alright to fail!  We are not here to be perfect, rather we are here to try.  More than that, we are here to figure out who we really are.  Once we know who we are and what we are supposed to be (whether that is knowing who we are as children of God, and knowing who He wants us to become or knowing what to do with our life) then our life becomes so much more.  We are able to get outside ourselves and become what we were meant to become.

And that, my friends, is why I read fairy tales...because hidden within them is the answer to life's secrets.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. My friend is obsessed with Cinderella, I'll have to tell her about it!

    ReplyDelete