Sunday, April 7, 2013

#ldsconf

Don't get me wrong, I truly do love General Conference.  There is something exciting about laying around in my pajamas for two days listening to counsel from the Living Prophets.  Sorry, that sounds sacrilegious.  I really do listen, honest.  I just love that this part of my worship does not require me dressing to the nines in order to do so.  But I digress.

The last few years I have missed out on at least one session of conference for one reason or another.  However, surprisingly, this time around I was able to listen to almost every single second of all the sessions of conference.  I loved it.  My friend Sara and I kept texting back and forth asking each other how the General Authorities could have known that we needed to hear those exact words spoken this weekend because they kept talking about things we had been talking about earlier in the week.  

However, one of the best parts of conference for me was the #LDSconf on twitter.  Seriously, I could hear some amazing quote, then pop on twitter and like it instantly.  No more waiting for the ensign.  None of this waiting for someone to hopefully make some cute printable and post it on Pinterest.  No.  I could use the church's social media feed to instantly have access to thousands of powerful one liners that one day I will look back on and be grateful for.  

Thank you social media for helping me continue to be inspired by the words of our Living Prophets.     

No comments:

Post a Comment